Old 02-10-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Olivia2011

Everybody on this thread is amazing! Life is good! Things are brighter! I'm sure we all look better (MAV - I bet your friends are thrilled and get better soon!). Lots of good posts.

Just a quick check in tonight. Take care all. Still sober as is my husband. Today he said he doesn't think he'll drink again. He's not a binger tho. Plus his feet are bothering him and he's pre-diabetic. I'm so proud of him so far. I'm the binger kinda. When I would drink it was VERY rarely a glass or two. It had gotten to be a bottle or two and my body just can't handle alcohol, (neither can my sons).

Odelle - you'll get the job you want. Good luck to everyone and congrats.

Mortality starts to set in as you get older. We saw our attorney today to finish our Trust. An eye opener! I already feel like I've slept 25% of my life away. It's just too nice to mess it up with alcohol anymore. Loving sobriety. It is winter here. I'm wondering how summer will be. Will cross that bridge later. For now looking at now. If I were 20 years younger I would prolly be doubting myself. I THINK and pray my husband and I will both be ok. He's already cut back as he's gotten older (61, me 58) and now this six weeks totally sober! It's so nice to hang out sober and wake up clear headed. I'd always have a few (too many) and head off to bed. He'd stay up but he didn't binge and pass out.

My husband and I have worked very hard for what we have and, God willing, will live to enjoy it.

Take care all. Love ya all ! So much for the quick check in!

Olivia