View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Marcher13

Good morning Marchers It's a humid old Paradise again, here everyone walks around with shiny faces at this time of the year.

Thanks for the soberversary wishes, I had forgotten the 9th in my anticipation of the Three Years coming up. Speaking of which North said a few pages back ....

I like the idea of a letter quite a bit. As a writer, my advice is to have every Marcher who wishes contribute (with a maximum word count) on a common theme (for thematic unity). The diversity of our experiences may demonstrate to readers that there are many paths to recovery and a variety of strategies to keep sober. My other advice is NOT to have the writers in the group edit the piece: we tend to take over and rewrite everything so it has a consistent voice. This should be a community many-voices piece, IMHO.
and Toots suggested PMs sent to me which are simply collated together. So let's run with that eh?

I'm suggesting we make the theme being Marchers of 2013 and how being a Marcher has brought us to where we are now.

I'll bring our posts together in a letter to SR. What if we said around about 300 words so it doesn't get too long? Cut to the essentials of how Marchering 2013 style has got you where you are now?

I think a lot of people doing it alone could find tremendous support in joining a class instead of going it alone. After 45 parts in under three years we are kinda proof of that.

Have a good day all.

ETA Oh yeah and I thought I wouldn't share the post with all of you until it goes up -- just so you have a fun read for the big month. Whatdyathink?

ETA2 Yep Dee I agree with what you said re posting the letter, I'll put it up on behalf of everyone unless someone else would like to.