Old 02-10-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Thumpalumpacus
Alive in the Superunknown

A good sleep and waking up sober ... the simple pleasures in life truly are the best.

Today's my Friday. I'm going into town today to pick up that card and get it mailed off, and also pick up a few sundries for the house. Come home, and grill up some boneless chicken for my dinner at work, which starts at two.

I hope everyone has a great day, I'll be in and out as time and workload permit.

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I hope you are taking care that your recovery is for YOU. A better you, a better life.
Sorry that I missed this last night. I am indeed doing this for myself. I will be sober whether or not we stay together. I owe it to her that she dragged me to a vantage-point where I could see myself as the addict that I am, as the hypocrite that I was, as the very imperfect man in need of reform.

Should our relationship not survive, that dissolution won't change what I have seen about myself that needs to change, nor the steps I'm taking -- sobriety, recovery, and growth.

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I have a jam-packed day today. Just enjoying a mc'donald's breakfast (with salad instead of hash brown) before I embark on my whirlwind day. I also had a drinking dream last night too, but woke up not too shaken luckily.
Wishing everyone a lovely day/night.
Take care.
I hope your day was a good one, ma'am.