View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
I absolutely agree with Lexie here. No need to send him requests to pay child support. I wouldn't give him a heads up anyway. Let him experience the fun of being served. Amy, I get where you are coming from and that would be applicable in a civil case perhaps, but I don't think so here. The Order is the Order, you could file for contempt for child support on one missed payment. They don't care 1 or 30.

Why you haven't IF asked - well just say the truth. He has made your life a living f'ing hell, abusive, and harassing. He has threatened you. You hoped he would leave you alone, you fear his retaliation. Let the Court KNOW why.

My good friend has dealt with a sicko psycho path like this, her child's father. He is a member of world known family with lots of money. Your stories are very similar, and yes he has tortured her with high priced attorneys. But, when he stopped paying child support and then claimed bankrupt the Court didn't toy with his antics AT ALL, or his a$$hole atty. She too had tried to control and manage the situation by not reporting arrears, by not reporting contempt, and his failure to follow the parenting plan. She was sick of court, sick of him, and scared of him. Due to her own financial burden her choice was to file, or go in foreclosure. She was awarded all money owed. She also was able to get a PO. He broke the PO, and she reported - he was jailed. He no longer messes with her AT ALL. She put up with that crap for 8 years.....it only took her following up on what she was told to do instead of fearing that he was somehow, more powerful than the Courts are.
Thank you for sharing your friends terrible story and for the advice I NEED to follow, of just letting the court know, and trusting that what is the law WILL be followed...

The whole last 3 years he's been able to slide and sneak his way around laws (child abuse, domestic violence, lying about income etc...) so I lost faith in the system...

But, now that Im calmer and thinking of it, the final USO order was signed by HIS lawyer, filed by HIS lawyer before he withdrew and it's unreal that I have not asked the court to hold him accountable.

Hearing stories of hope like that of your friend, redatlanta, gives me hope. Thank you!