Thread: Moving Soon
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Z, I'm glad you called and reported the phone call. The order only protects you to the extent you are willing to report violations. Otherwise it's just a piece of paper.

It sounds to me like there are two basic things "wrong" with your husband, neither of which you can fix, nor did you cause it, nor could you have done anything about it. One is, of course, the alcoholism. The other is the abuse, which is based on HIS sense of entitlement, not something you did. If there were a "fix" for either one of these, the person who discovered it would be sitting on a gold mine. The alcoholism may contribute to the abusive behavior, but it's really a separate issue.

Whether he's "happy" or not has nothing to do with YOU. As you said, he lies and he's manipulative and controlling. So who even KNOWS what he really thinks or believes? He'll only tell you what he wants YOU to hear and to believe.

The bottom line is this: your relationship with him became harmful to you. You are taking care of yourself.

I totally HATE moving, so I'm right there with you on that. Try to think of it this way--you're packing up to move on to a happier life. Maybe you can't see how that life will look, but this is your opportunity to make it look the way you want it to look. Just imagine--you get to make your own choices and decisions about what YOU want, without someone shooting down your ideas and constantly making you feel bad or trying to make you doubt yourself.

It will take some time to adjust--it won't all be sunshine and roses right away. But you've now got the chance to plan and strategize so it WILL look the way you want it to be.

Hugs, hope the day goes smoothly. Can you crank up the stereo with some great music while you're packing? Something upbeat and powerful? Stuff like that help me when I'm working on something I dislike.