View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
topspin

That's some nice weather Dee !!

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post

What are you going to use the buckets for?
Freein had asked earlier about the containers I planned on using for vegetable plants. Re: the log bases,...so I dn't have to bend over to weed. lo
A local woman in the country ( a professional landscaper) suggested the container garden idea, ...as a common, effective approach.
If I can't fence out the deer,....all bets are off. Any plants I've tried in the past get destroyed. They nibble them to the dirt !
Every night I see at least 2 or three deer not 200 yards from home ,....some mornings at dawn they're outside the bedroom window grazing around. This is a tourist destination, so the town long ago restricted discharging firearms.
Whenever the deer population gets too thick , I think the animal rights folks still demand they get shot with sleepy darts and get relocated. The first time the Town decided to cull the population in the earlier 90's created quite the controversy. There was a giant hullabaloo about murdering Bambi.
Some clever homeowners in the gated communities actually keep feed out in stone bird baths so the deer forego their decorative foliage !
You see most folks wrapping their precious plants with all manner of fencing,....it sorta blows the whole idea of " beautiful " decorative plants ( and then wrapping the plants with ugly makeshift fencing )

vegetative visual dissonance

Hilarious
Inland , where a new deer hunting season is eagerly anticipated,..... the locals can't imagine deer living very long showing up every other day munching down. Their only natural predator here on the island is the panther and gator,....and the panther's long gone from decades of development.

Wow, ... this is my hump day,...and less than 2 hours to go ! Storming like mad out there right now.

Hot tub's gonna feel great tonight !