Old 02-04-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Evening all. This thread continues to rock. You're all awesome.

I survived my business trip, although it was majorly hectic. (And I packed in a rush which meant I somehow packed canestan cream instead of toothpaste! Stupid airline security rubbish.) had access to various different events, all open bar, waitress service etc and I survived! I managed to dodge a big party and even the airport/flight home which would usually be an easy excuse for a few drinks I just had soda water. Absolutely exhausted now and have a rotten cold which isn't helping... But hey, better than a hangover.

Zeebs... I'm due my second blood test after the doc gave me the 'high liver enzymes' result to see how things are. In fact it should have been last week but I've not booked it yet. Not sure why... I'm not scared of it particularly, it is what,it is... I guess in a way if I get good test results the AV will use it on me... "You're all clear! Let's get some wine! "

Sending good (albeit snotty) vibes to everyone... I heard a quote yesterday which I figured I'd share. The context can be anything but may be useful to some peeps here:

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." It's actually misattributed to Gandhi. I translate it as "stay strong and you will prevail."