View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KellyKapowski

I'm glad to be broke!

It may sound a little twisted, but I am glad when AH and I are flat broke, like now. As long as we have food to get by and the kids have diapers. We literally only have a few bucks in the checking account so that means he can't buy beer. He wasn't able to drink last night and because it was snowing, he came right home from work instead of drinking beer at one of his buddies houses (I had a bottle of vodka that I would occasionally make a drink from but I dumped it just so he couldn't drink it).

Of course tomorrow is pay day which means he will probably stop at the bar again after work again and come home with a case of beer. I talked to him about his drunken episode the other night and he brushed it off like usual. He used to feel bad any time he got that stupid drunk and would apologize, but not anymore. I pointed out to him that he drank 5 days last week and he denied it. It's terrible to say but sometimes I wish my husband would get pulled over for drinking and driving.

He still never got his license back from the last time he had a DUI a few years before we met (he has a fine for driving in another state that he never paid off). This would make his 6th and he'd probably be in jail for a few years this time; he already sat for 18 months before we met. I can't imagine getting to that point and then getting out of jail and still continuing to drink, but I guess that's what alcoholics do.