Old 02-02-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
SandyO

This really is a supportive group. Glad you're feeling better Nic and continuing on encouraging others.
Everyone is doing so well. I'm on day
10 today. Honestly when I joined in late Jan, I just wanted to start posting but expected to end up in the Feb class. But I'm still here! The past 10 days haven't been too bad. I know this is annoying for some to hear and it will be tougher from now on I think. It's still very early days but I have enjoyed the little benefits of sobriety. I can just leave my house to go to the local shop without having to use eye drops, brush my teeth, mints, milk or anything else so I don't look drunk. I wash my face before bed. I can talk to anyone without being worried. I can drive at anytime. Even some grade 6 students said I looked different and had an "image change". I only go to this school every 5 or 6 weeks. It's these little things that I am enjoying. I feel free!
However, I know from past experience these things will become normal and then the real test will start. Even last night, I just casually thought I might have drink. It just appeared in my head and I had to remind myself that I don't drink and did the laundry. I do miss chilling out though. Atm, I am still cleaning but I do want time to just sit and chill. I'll need to work on that. It was a problem last time. Also, this time round I haven't lost any weight. Last time, I lost about 7 kg in a month and felt great. It was summer then though. And I felt so great I thought I deserved a reward on making it to a month! Stupid!!
Odelle that's incredible you've given up smoking too. It is definitely on my list but for sure the hardest of the three I think.
Sorry to those that can hear your AV. We need to start listening to our SV instead. Thinking of all the freedoms we now have in our lives. The drinking life is very exhausting, unproductive and dangerous. It does not have to be a choice for us anymore.
Enjoy your day/nights. Take care.