Old 02-02-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Haris2014

Hello, i have been trying to post since my last post a week ago...unfortunately been away with work and only had the work laptop and, well you understand why i wouldn't want to use that.

Good news is... for a week i have been in quite a boozy environment... dinners, events...client entertainment etc.. also being away from my wife and baby. staying in a hotel on my own it would have been easy to drink

...But i can proudly say i am now 15 going on 16 days sober. won't say it wasn't hard
but i got through it.

i have been thinking a lot about sobriety and reflecting on how i can keep it going forever... for me i need to go to bars, pubs, dinners with friends etc..i need to know if any surprise or chance encounters happen i won't go spinning of the rails.. i have let alcohol control my life for the last 20 years, i am sure as hell not going to let the absence of it control where i go and who i meet.

I gave up smoking 10 years ago...i still carry a pack around with me. the logic at the time was, i have the option to have a smoke whenever i want so if someone offers me one it means nothing, i have 20 in my pocket. if i wanted to smoke i could, i just didn't want to.
christ knows what the logic is now... and i am sure as hell not taking a bottle of wine everywhere i go.

anyway i have been rambling...apologies