View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zap526

First and foremost, congratulations on your 23 days of sobriety! I really appreciate your honesty about making sure I am doing this for myself. That is absolutely what I am doing. I am not going to lie that my motivation stems from not wanting to lose him. However IF that happens I pray that I have some many days of sobriety under my belt when that does happen so I don't fall back in the pit. I haven't had a lot of self worth in my past. Through counseling I have gained a lot, my amazing boyfriend has also been very key in making me believe in myself again and to see my potential. With these insights I find drinking less desirable...until I have a bad day, or its girls night...I'm an extremist and know that I need to have a zero tolerance when it comes to alcohol.

Originally Posted by SoberinSyracuse View Post
Glad you're deciding to get sober! I've been sober 23 days and at least in my opinion, life starts getting better fast.

Make sure you're doing this for yourself and not for your boyfriend. If you're doing this for anybody other than yourself, your odds aren't that good.

This is a great forum for support and advice. I practically lived here for a while.

Congrats on your decision, and good luck on your wonderful journey!