Notices

Day 2...this is only the beginning.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2...this is only the beginning.

Im so eager to be sober and say 1 year, 2 years...,15 years. Yet it's day 2. I'm eager to find out who I am. I have been hiding under this blanket far too long and I'm ready to pull it off completely. I need to remember, 1 day at a time. I need to stay humble & remember that this will always be a battle. My boyfriend has decided to pour grace upon me and give me my last chance. However even though he hasn't completely pushed me out of his life, respect has gone out the door along with his love. He loves me, that's for sure but he has so many walls built up...I'm very aware that my drinking has caused many pains in many relationships in my life. Mostly including my parents and my sister. In the last year and a half I have lost 2 jobs because of my drinking & almost a third. I can always replace a job but I cannot replace my man. I went on a run tonight to clear my mind & watched the sunset...I'm feeling calm and peaceful and I feel like there's hope. Day 2, going strong...it's only the beginning.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great post, zap. Be proud of yourself for reclaiming your life. At 2 days you sound positive & filled with hope. There's no doubt you can do this.

I hurt & confused all the people in my life too. What was just meant to be fun & relaxing became a necessity & took over my whole world. I never meant for it to happen - & certainly didn't intend to hurt my loved ones. It's so hard to explain to them how it is for us - that's why this forum is so precious to me. Here, we never have to feel alone - everyone understands. Glad to meet you, zap.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's the beginning, but it's a great start.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Glad you're deciding to get sober! I've been sober 23 days and at least in my opinion, life starts getting better fast.

Make sure you're doing this for yourself and not for your boyfriend. If you're doing this for anybody other than yourself, your odds aren't that good.

This is a great forum for support and advice. I practically lived here for a while.

Congrats on your decision, and good luck on your wonderful journey!
Old 02-01-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

Likewise - welcome zap.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Every journey has a beginning, that first step. Two days is a good start. Keep it up.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

.... remember that this will always be a battle.

hey zap,
no way of knowing if this will be so for you.
will depend on what you choose to do.

congrats on your decision and your two days!
keep going.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are on a really great state of mind to begin this journey. Looking forward to seeing you on SR!!
Old 02-01-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Like you, it has also become a necessity and has taken over my entire world. I can relate so much to that along with not having anyone in my life close to me that can understand this burden I'm holding onto. Thank you soooo much for your reply. It has greatly encouraged me. I just have so much hope knowing there are others like yourself that know what I'm going through and have had success. Thank u again!

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Great post, zap. Be proud of yourself for reclaiming your life. At 2 days you sound positive & filled with hope. There's no doubt you can do this.

I hurt & confused all the people in my life too. What was just meant to be fun & relaxing became a necessity & took over my whole world. I never meant for it to happen - & certainly didn't intend to hurt my loved ones. It's so hard to explain to them how it is for us - that's why this forum is so precious to me. Here, we never have to feel alone - everyone understands. Glad to meet you, zap.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

First and foremost, congratulations on your 23 days of sobriety! I really appreciate your honesty about making sure I am doing this for myself. That is absolutely what I am doing. I am not going to lie that my motivation stems from not wanting to lose him. However IF that happens I pray that I have some many days of sobriety under my belt when that does happen so I don't fall back in the pit. I haven't had a lot of self worth in my past. Through counseling I have gained a lot, my amazing boyfriend has also been very key in making me believe in myself again and to see my potential. With these insights I find drinking less desirable...until I have a bad day, or its girls night...I'm an extremist and know that I need to have a zero tolerance when it comes to alcohol.

Originally Posted by SoberinSyracuse View Post
Glad you're deciding to get sober! I've been sober 23 days and at least in my opinion, life starts getting better fast.

Make sure you're doing this for yourself and not for your boyfriend. If you're doing this for anybody other than yourself, your odds aren't that good.

This is a great forum for support and advice. I practically lived here for a while.

Congrats on your decision, and good luck on your wonderful journey!
Old 02-01-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Delilah!

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Sounds like you are on a really great state of mind to begin this journey. Looking forward to seeing you on SR!!
Old 02-02-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You can do this Zap!! Keep it going!!
Old 02-02-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How's it going today, zap?