View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zap526

Day 2...this is only the beginning.

Im so eager to be sober and say 1 year, 2 years...,15 years. Yet it's day 2. I'm eager to find out who I am. I have been hiding under this blanket far too long and I'm ready to pull it off completely. I need to remember, 1 day at a time. I need to stay humble & remember that this will always be a battle. My boyfriend has decided to pour grace upon me and give me my last chance. However even though he hasn't completely pushed me out of his life, respect has gone out the door along with his love. He loves me, that's for sure but he has so many walls built up...I'm very aware that my drinking has caused many pains in many relationships in my life. Mostly including my parents and my sister. In the last year and a half I have lost 2 jobs because of my drinking & almost a third. I can always replace a job but I cannot replace my man. I went on a run tonight to clear my mind & watched the sunset...I'm feeling calm and peaceful and I feel like there's hope. Day 2, going strong...it's only the beginning.