View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
UhZoomZip

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
that you feel you "need" six drinks to feel comfortable indicates this problem is bigger than you may be capable of dealing with, at home on your own.
I can't disagree with most of what you said at all, and I need to do more than just stop drinking for a few months to call it a success, but just to clarify. What happened was that I tried to ride out what I thought would just be a little bit of the hand shakes, which I've done before and felt fine after several hours, and then it progressed more than I'd realized it would. By that point, it took me four drinks to notice a decrease in the shakes, and two more (spread out over a couple of hours to make sure I wasn't doing more than I needed) to be withdrawal symptom-free. Like I posted a short while ago, earlier, looking at my log, and feeling the first signs of symptoms again and knowing they were about due, I was fine with two drinks, so I was just thinking that this means I might be able to use the HAMS method, which I've seen several success stories with in forums. You're still probably right, all the same.