Thread: I sold it all
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Choicy

Post Truth is Quiet

I gave him the house & everything (except the camping stuff & some board games; I brought what little fun there was; I left with the fun) , in the 30 days he gave me to get out.

I left a picture of his parents...but Replaced the picture of his Dad with his face from our wedding & left it on the mantle. He could have chose me and kept his mom, but he chose his mom and I had to let him go. 10 years.

Later on I realized I was severely depressed with his choice, but wouldn't be his mommy. I needed a partner. I wouldn't excuse his abuse, but how could I justify my staying any longer, my choice, my perpetuation? I was a victim. I needed to heal myself and get true. I wanted to see what standing on my own would feel like. Especially once I was physically clean and mentally open, willing to get honest. It was, very eventually, my decision to work on forgiveness. It never started with him anyway.

Nearing 10 years seems appropriate to have reached forgiveness...for both he and I...couldn't have done it sooner. Wouldn't have been able to tell anyone without SR & You. Thank you for sharing.

BTW I kept that ring. It's beautiful. And my life is more beautiful without that heavy hand on my neck. If I could buy you a new band or necklace, I would. Start a new Hope!

You were always the gem, anyway.

And Screw him for not getting it! Ok ok maybe it's inventory time once again...

Keep on Keepin' on!