View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Thumpalumpacus
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by ecm76 View Post
Thanks everyone! It is REALLY awesome to read your posts, just to feel like you're in my corner.

I haven't stopped drinking yet. I'm struggling with the fact that I know I'm an alcoholic, I know I need to make a big change in my life, and I'm scared ********. So I'm reading this board and I'm collecting collective courage. And I'm really happy that if I post a question I get a bunch of support responses. It's really good to feel like I'm not alone here.
I stood at the fork in the road for weeks, knowing damned well that I couldn't take one path, scared to hell of taking the other. I had to gather and store strength and resolution to take those first steps down my new path.

I'm here to tell you that once you get started, you'll realize it's not nearly so intimidating as it seemed to be, the idea of living life without drinking. I think that's AV making sure its hooks are kept set deep.

Once you take the first step, the second becomes easier. Once you take the second, the third becomes easier ...