View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
PuzzledHeart

Hello Linzey!

]THIS POST] is going to be a little long but I'm going to try to give important details.
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that in terms of long posts, I would be the one who would win in this regard. My posts tend to take on the appearance of "War and Peace". I'm sure some of the moderators and community greeters here are madly nodding their heads in agreement.

I'm in the process of trying to accept that someone I planned my future with decided over the course of 30-40 days that 6 years was a mistake.
Past relationships are NEVER a mistake if you can learn from them. I was engaged once to somebody who broke things off with me the day after the wedding invitations went out. The week prior he was telling me that we were going to be OK and then BOOM, he dumped me via voicemail (he was West Coast and I'm East Coast). I tried to call him back and he took the phone off the hook. I literally lost twenty pounds in three weeks.

I have had my share of dysfunctional relationships, so when I finally met the man who has now become my husband, I knew and he knew that what we had was precious. It was such a contrast - I remember thinking to myself various times during the first months of the relationship - "Oh THIS is how it's supposed to be!!!" It was literally a revelation. But I wouldn't have had that realization if I didn't have the experience I did.