Old 01-29-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
jryan19982

So I read recently that when you are sober for a given period of time, that when you return to drinking after this sobriety and drink for 3 days at your old usual amount you are back at square one. Then if you drink for more than 4 days you are further behind the 8 ball.

Then you are likely to increase your drinking from your normal usage which at that time the 8 ball becomes distant and you are free falling.

Does kindling also mean that each time after you try and get sober, that your withdrawals or time it takes to feel good again is further out than the previous time.

I seem to remember that after about a week at my first attempt at getting sober I was feeling pretty decent about myself. Then the second time, it took a few more days to get to that good feeling point. Then the third time, again took longer. 4th time even longer still- and I believe I am on that #4 time now. Or maybe it is #5. I cant remember. But I can distinctively remember that I was complaining about how I was feeling this and that on day 6 during the second sober stint and by day 6 the first sober attempt I wasnt.

I even went back and re read every one of my posts to pin point, or try, what I was feeling days 1-10. Each time I would be hungover day 1, and sometimes even day 2. Then the progress that i was making seemed to get further and further out to achieve the same results, the more attempts at sobriety.

Is that what this kindling is talking about????