View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by Linzey0706 View Post
Distance absolutely makes it very hard although he told me he felt nothing when I went and saw him at rehab, but his actions seemed different but I don't even know anymore. I don't know how it is humanly possible to wake up one day and cut a 6 year relationship off that you talked about marrying, gave a ring to, talked about a future. That's the only reason I feel he is just confused right now and I know time and space will do everyone good but it's so hard to accept that he will either miss me or forget me
Linzey honey, his mind is likely in turmoil and he probably thinks you will reject him because of his addiction, even though he is getting help and is clean and sober. Try not to assume the worst. Don't let your "unknowns" become doubts. However it is so very easy to assume the worst when the fact of the matter is you simply don't know for what is going on with him. He might be feeling all torn up inside. He may feel awkward talking to you about his problems because he fears you will condemn for it and judge and not UNDERSTAND him. Of COURSE he will miss you and never forget you! Please try not to let your thinking veer down the road of negativity. Right now it is just so good he is getting good help...Be as supportive as you possibly can and let him know you love him.

But it is so highly important for you to take care of yourself, detach in a healthy way and focus on you. Treat yourself well..you deserve it!