View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
brach123

Miss P and ubnt I'm really impressed with how you have been handling your work drinking situations! Your story made laugh ubnt, dealt with in a very slick way!

Congrats on 30 days (+ now) sober Blackie and Leasha, you must be feeling a bunch of benefits.

I'm 38 days sober today and life is dramatically different (and improved) to when I was drinking that's for sure.

My main reoccurring worry has been around work and a career. I've lost a number of jobs because of my drinking and to be honest I don't really want to be a merchandiser/buyer for the rest of my career so have been contemplating a career change and restudying. I know that without a firm ground of sobriety none of that will be possible though. For the next year I am going to focus primarily on my sobriety and will settle for a low pressure job with lower pay than before if it means I stand a better chance of staying sober. I can be impulsive and want to suddenly take on big things the minute I'm feeling better, this time around I know I need to be patient and I have faith things will fall back into place. I need to reaffirm this for myself before I get carried away haha.

Have a brilliant sober day in Canada, America, Hong Kong, Australia and where ever in the world the rest of our group are!