View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sarahlou87

Back from a relapse

Hi guys,

You may remember me, or may not! I came to the rooms on 5th February 2015 and in that year great things happened. However, my eating disorder also got out of control and I went into a treatment centre in South Africa. However, it wasn't a 12 step centre and my meetings dropped to 1 or 2 a week. I stopped working my programme.

I got back from SA on Saturday 15th Jan this year. By the Monday, I had picked up. There followed 5 days of hell. The consequences of my 24/7 drinking are far-reaching. My relationship was damaged as I also self-harmed, and I'm on a 'last chance'. My mother is fortunately still speaking to me, but I shouted a lot at her. My dad is not really talking to me. My best friend is not talking to me. I went with my sponsor to a meeting, drunk but ready to listen. The fellowship welcomed me back with open arms. On Friday last week I threw all the drink away.

So, today I am 5 days sober, God willing. I've done a meeting every day, I pray every morning and night, I read Daily Reflections, I journal and make a gratitude list. I got a tea service position. I'm trying to practice rigorous honesty. In the meetings I am no longer clock-watching like I used to. I'm opening my ears. I am blessed, and I am so grateful beyond belief for everything I have in my life. Yes, I have to face and accept the consequences, but I know I can do this with the fellowship. One day at a time.

Please reply either here or in PM- I need all the AA contact I can get!!

Lots of love xx