Notices

Back from a relapse

Old 01-26-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back from a relapse

Hi guys,

You may remember me, or may not! I came to the rooms on 5th February 2015 and in that year great things happened. However, my eating disorder also got out of control and I went into a treatment centre in South Africa. However, it wasn't a 12 step centre and my meetings dropped to 1 or 2 a week. I stopped working my programme.

I got back from SA on Saturday 15th Jan this year. By the Monday, I had picked up. There followed 5 days of hell. The consequences of my 24/7 drinking are far-reaching. My relationship was damaged as I also self-harmed, and I'm on a 'last chance'. My mother is fortunately still speaking to me, but I shouted a lot at her. My dad is not really talking to me. My best friend is not talking to me. I went with my sponsor to a meeting, drunk but ready to listen. The fellowship welcomed me back with open arms. On Friday last week I threw all the drink away.

So, today I am 5 days sober, God willing. I've done a meeting every day, I pray every morning and night, I read Daily Reflections, I journal and make a gratitude list. I got a tea service position. I'm trying to practice rigorous honesty. In the meetings I am no longer clock-watching like I used to. I'm opening my ears. I am blessed, and I am so grateful beyond belief for everything I have in my life. Yes, I have to face and accept the consequences, but I know I can do this with the fellowship. One day at a time.

Please reply either here or in PM- I need all the AA contact I can get!!

Lots of love xx
Old 01-26-2016, 11:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back SarahLou - I'm not 'AA' but you definitely have my support

D
Old 01-26-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

sarahlou, you sound like you are ready for a good long period of sobriety. Stay connected and stay honest. Those relationships will improve if your hearts in the right place.

All the best to you.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by sarahlou87 View Post
Hi guys,

I went with my sponsor to a meeting, drunk but ready to listen. The fellowship welcomed me back with open arms.
Lots of love xx
Sarahlou I am so glad you made it back and even happier that your AA group did exactly what it should have done.

It sounds like you are back and ready to stop for good and all. They say, if you are willing to do the work, you need never drink again. Go for it, find your Higher Power. My prayers are with you
Old 01-27-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

glad ya made it back,sarah!
got meetings to go to,right? and already have that planned,right?
been reading the big book,right?
focusing on step 1???
got a sponsor?
Old 01-27-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

I remember you Sarah welcome bk
Old 01-27-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Sarah, glad to hear you are making positive changes! In case you weren't aware, there are 12-step orums here as well if you are looking to specifically connect with other AA/12 step individuals. You are most certainly always welcome in the alcoholism forum too!
Old 01-27-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Hi, Sarah! You sound determined, so ride that wave of determination all the way to sober freedom!

I'm not AA, but I think I get your gist about the need to put sobriety in the Top Priority position. I'm right there with 'ya, sista!!

About the relationships... I've lost some too, including a man I was crazy about. We just need to take it on faith that many if not all of our damaged relationships will heal in time and more meaningful relationships will come into our lives....

....if we stay sober!

Stay on the horse! You can do this!
Old 01-29-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back SarahLou!!