View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Kiki-I just caught up on the posts and I wanted to let you know how special you are to all of us. I'm sorry for your childhood trauma. It's all crap, but remember that it doesn't define who you are today! As for failing us....you didn't. You slipped, but it happens. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and continue on with your therapy and sobriety. You've come a long way Baby!!!!!
There have been several slips this weekend and I am seeing a pattern once we hit the 60-70 day mark. Has anybody noticed that?
Anyway, I almost blew it on Saturday too. Hubby and my son went camping and I thought...what the hell who would know! I was on my way home from the market (I didn't buy wine while I was there because I wasn't even thinking about drinking then) and as I was driving up the hill I decided that I was going to party. Then I thought HALT. (Which is something you taught me Kiki). I realized I felt lonely because I had been isolating myself the past week because I had been struggling with cravings so much the past 7-10 days.
I called my GF and just asked how she was doing and chatted while I was sitting in my driveway. We didn't talk about alcohol, just kids, work, etc.... I went in the house and thanked my higher power, posted on the gratitude thread, and just relaxed the rest of the weekend with no further cravings! (I also read the tips on SoberTool on my phone, which is something somebody also shared on this thread, and it really really helped!!!)
Today is 78 days. I guess what I want to say is thank you to each of you for all that you share, and also to remind everybody to be super diligent once you hit the 60 day mark and think you have sobriety licked!!!!!