View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SleepyDots

Hey guys! Jensen, wow - Day 49, that is awesome! I tend to live in high-alert too, I have spent too much time either dwelling on the past or anticipating the future, and I'm trying be more mindful and live in the now.

Miss Perfumado, that is great about the presentation! I hate public speaking, always have, always will, so I'm always really impressed with people that do well with it.

Brach, you sound like you're in a good place, it is so nice to hear!

I am kicking off day 29 here, on January 28th it will be a full month of sobriety for me and I feel really good. I haven't had many cravings lately and I attribute that to both my plan and also to the fact that I have had some things happen recently that when drinking would have led to wallowing in self-pity, all woe-is-me, why do these things always happen to me, blowing it way out of proportion, whereas sober I have just taken the steps to deal with it, while being able to look at the big picture and say "you know what? this is not a huge deal, I have SO much to be grateful for", and just get on with life basically. That's been really great, and majorly reinforces the fact that I'm on the right path.