View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I think you need another consult.

If she has no means to support herself, in this state, what is yours is half hers. DO NOT let her adopt those children, put them before a paycheck (which she does not have). Also in this state, just b/c you file does not mean one person is required to leave the house. No one is required to do so unless a judge orders one out, which is not easy to do, or until the house sells. I know divorced people after it's final who still live together b/c the house has to sell and it has not yet.

You can hope for cooperation, but if her attitude is poor me, and is that of the victim, you can bet she is going to get some legal advise herself along the way and her cooperation may change. And, if she has no income, it's likely she can be appointed free or very low cost legal aid by the state for divorce handling.

Coming from someone who is divorced, I can only tell you how it is here, in this state. However, I encourage you to speak to a few attorneys about this. I think I met with 4 or 5 attorneys before I decided who to use, and all were free consult. I gained ALOT of information from these wonderful folks during that time.

Good luck to you! I always say, prepare for the worst, hope and pray for the best.