Old 01-22-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
SillyHuman

Angry Rant - Feel Free to Skip

My husband came home last night angry and afraid. His job depends on oil and gas, and I do not have to tell anyone how that industry is doing. He is afraid he will lose his job sometime this year. That would be calamitous for us as we are fully dependent on his income and the insurance it provides. It is going happen, if not this year, then next.

He is a very gentle soul, and it is not like him to get angry like that. What really set him off is the contractor (Lowe's Home Improvement, my lousy previous employer) tried to pull a cheap and nasty move with rain gutters. They were going to screw brackets for rain gutters on top of the roof shingles. It would look terrible (they would never do that to their own homes) and could comprise the roof. They are insisting it cannot possibly done any other way.

They removed part of the existing gutters and I doubt they can repair them now. So, we are kinda stuck and cannot fork over any more money for this job. I HATE dealing with contractors. They are by and large thieves and jerks, and Lowe's is no exception. After working for the greed machine that is Lowe's, I guess I should not be surprised.

I woke feeling nauseous and as though I had not slept. No cravings though. But, I am rocking in my chair like an autistic child.

Earlier this week, I had some passing thoughts that were easy to sweep away. Like, maybe I should just pick up edibles from the dispensary. I do not even like edibles. It is a different kind of high, and I have never liked it. Besides, I like knowing I am saving a couple hundred dollars every week. I feel like being clean and sober is the ONLY productive thing I am doing right now.

I have an appointment with a friend tomorrow. She is going to do the 12 steps with me. I have known her for three decades, but she does not know I am atheist. I am afraid to tell her. Don't say, "If she's a friend it should not matter," well, if frickin' matters to people!

I would love to see half the energy that went into gay marriage go into acceptance of atheists. It is awful, discrimination is everywhere, including on this site, where just yesterday a post equated atheism to satanic worship. WTF is up with that???? Why is that BS allowed, when such hate speech would not be tolerated in ANY other circumstance? I already know why - because it's atheism. And WTF is "hard core" atheism anyway? I have seen that repeatedly in posts.

A little lesson in atheism for uninformed. It is very simple to be atheist, and it starts with a yes/no question. "Do you believe in deity?" If the answer is NOT yes, congrats, you are - by definition - atheist. It is not me who says so, it is the dictionary. Most people who fall under that category would never label themselves as such. Gee, I wonder why.

Now back to the question, WTF is this "hardcore atheism" that I see referenced in posts? If that exists, then there must be such a thing as "softcore" atheism. WTF is that? Anyone care to explain? Oh, BTW, none of the posts that spread that BS are about a person's own experience as atheist. SO WHY IS THAT TOLERATED HERE???? Because, it's atheism, and discrimination and hate speech are not only acceptable, they are to be expected.

I hope everyone here is having a better morning than me.