Old 01-22-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Odelle

Good morning all. Another early morning here, up at 3:30 am and unable to go back to sleep, sigh; feeling good though, so no complaints.

Olivia, my daughter shares that name. I loved your share yesterday on the perils of raising children under the influence. I have my fair share of stories of disgrace and regrets, but I can honestly say that I have a great relationship with both of my adult children, so no permanent scars apparent.

Behindthelens, if you must go, as Dee suggested, have a back-up plan in place and don’t give in to what will most likely evolve into peer pressure. Have your reasons for not drinking firmly planted (i.e. driving, interaction with meds [no lying here if you consider sobriety your new prescription for an alcohol problem], or health kick). We’ll be rooting for you and will be watching from your smartphone!

Sunflower, you sound good this morning. Just a thought, the next time you have an anxiety episode, try telling yourself that it’s just a healing crisis and this too shall pass. Also, I too used to get irritated by people telling me to enjoy the time because it passes so fast. Child rearing can be exhausting; more so when they are young, and you are sleep deprived with no outside help. Hang in there hon, you getting sober is the best investment you could ever make for your sanity, and theirs!