View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
findingme26

Need strength for tomorrow...

So I came home tonight after an Al-Anon meeting (which was really great btw!) and noticed a couple of weird things out of place. I grabbed my laptop and realized that it wasn't mine, it was APs. They look the same from the outside and are usually both sitting on the same table. It opened up to her Facebook page with an instant message to a friend at 11am today. I hadn't heard from her all day so I called the rehab house and they said she was in bed and couldn't come to the phone. I asked if she came to our house at all today and the girl said "Ooooh, you don't know about that?" She couldn't give me any details for confidentiality reasons but said I could call her therapist in the morning.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. She's been talking more lately about how hard it's been feeling controlled all the time. The therapists there are pushing her and not letting her get away with BS, which makes her act out like a rebellious teenager. Pretty much what I've been living with for the past I don't know how long!

So if she does leave or get kicked out, I've decided that she will not be welcome to come back home. This is going to be really really hard for me to stand up and enforce this boundary, so does anyone have any words of encouragement, or advice for keeping strong?