View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
imjules

Love vs. Alcohol

Hi, I'm new here. I've never been addicted to alcohol or drugs, and I can't even imagine how difficult it must be, but I have lost love and hope and parts of myself from loving others who have suffered. I've been trolling this page for a while for support while loving an alcoholic, and after a rough night last night I wrote this and wanted to share. Please know I'm not judging anyone at all, just giving a perspective from a loved one who would do absolutely anything to help. I wish love was enough. If love was enough, there would be no need for this page. I hope this can maybe help someone get a feel for what it is like to be on the other side of an alcoholic..
Alcohol is a thief. When you drink too much regularly, you are inviting this worthless liquid to enter your life and your loved one's lives. It has one goal: to suffocate any love, hope and joy there once was. .
Love is patient
Alcohol is demanding
Love is kind
Alcohol is extreme and mean
Love does not envy, or boast, is not proud
Alcohol takes away all kindness and humility
Love does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking
Alcohol dishonors everyone, is self-serving
Love is not easily angered, keeps no record of wrongs
Alcohol is fierce and will quickly lead to a record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with truth
Alcohol is evil and a liar, delights in robbing everything good from your life and those who love you
Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes and always perseveres
Alcohol always neglects, always creates doubt with lies, creates hopelessness, and destroys every good thing in its path
Love never fails
Alcohol never fails either
Choose Love <3