Thread: Day 0
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I'm doing well. Day 4. I'm making sure I eat and drink well and get enough rest. Physically I feel a bit tense and heavy. There's a bit of a headache too. But nothing major.

Mentally I'm tired. I guess it takes a lot of energy for my brain to reboot. Which I think is also the reason I sleep 10-12 hours a night and am tired during the day still. But I can function and it's not too bad. And it's a good sign.

I've been through this before. It's all exactly the same pattern. It'll pass in a short while.

No desire to drink. I'm in the phase where it repulses me. Where I need to start being more careful is when the repulsion goes away. But I've been through that phase before as well, so I know I can do it.

Where it went wrong last time was thinking that a little champagne on New Year's Eve couldn't hurt. I've imprinted in my brain and accepted that I can never have even one single sip ever again. Which is kind of freeing actually. It's not anything I have to think about or put energy in since it's never part of my life.

So, it's going as it should. It's great to be able post here and I appreciate the interactions!
Good going Mike.

Yeah, I sort of got into "replacement therapy" as I have grown to find out I need to replace the 'space' addiction took up with good, healthy, things that TRANSPORT me to a good HEAD SPACE in a wholesome way, not in a destructive way. It's too tempting to replace one destructive addiction with another....

Right now I am turning to music and just got done listening to some Sarah McLaughlin "Blackbird, Fly",(wow). Alison Krauss "Stay". The Waylin Jennys "Beautiful Dawn" .

I understand all about sleep issues!! Hang in there. You are among friends!

Healing, m'friend, healing. The brain is healing.

j