View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
ultradad

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Yep, that's a lovely sentiment Kiki. Thank you!

I'm sending you some November Class love Snowvelvet, I hope you're back on your feet soon.

Well done Rah, stay strong and do what you have to do. Perhaps your OH is feeling a bit insecure with the new Rah, maybe give him a hug and tell him you love him?

Sorry you tripped up Fab, it's a journey though so these things happen. You're still here though rather than ducking out, that has to be a positive thing.

Good luck with the counselling Jemma, keep the faith. As long as you're both open I'm sure it will be of help. I've heard people rave about counselling.

Sober Marathon, congratulations on your new sober life. How fantastic.

Ultra, you came second? What's wrong with you? You need to shape up old chap. You know I'm kidding really? That's a remarkable achievement.

I hope the anxiety is easing Andy & Patricia. I went to a meeting about mindfulness yesterday. It wasn't about the theory of it, more about discussing a UK government All Party Parliamentary Report called Mindful Nation UK. The bottom line being the government want Mindfulness taught across the UK, in education, prisons, health service, civil service etc etc. the point being that it's now widely recognised as such an effective treatment for anxiety and depression. Better and cheaper than drugs. There's plenty of free online support and information. If you haven't tried it, give it some thought?

BB and Enfin and all my classmates, I hope you're thriving and thank you for being here!
Everything does seem easier for me when I feel part of a collective, that's part of what makes us human.

I'm all over the place this morning. Four months ago I was asked if I'd go and run a failing business (part of the company I work for) in Sydney for a couple of years. Everything I've been doing for a good while now, both emotionally and practically, has been leading up to my departure from the UK next month. As of 11.30pm last night it looks like that's all fallen through.

I'm trying to stay in my body and understand how I feel about it. A tad confused at the moment. Scared I think. It felt like I had a bit of direction whilst that particular offer was on the cards. All I know is I have an all consuming need/desire to make a radical change to my life. I just have no idea what that will be.

I met a life coach at my Quaker meeting on Sunday, a very interesting woman who's had several books published on all sorts of topics. I've invited her over tonight to break some bread with me (well, a Keralan veggie curry actually) so I'm going to pick her brains for a couple of hours. I WANT ANSWERS!!!!

Have a fantastic day everyone. Much love to all of you.
Thanks Tufty! I'm going to look into this mindfulness' and please share what you learn. Wishing you all the best on the life changes that are coming your way. Looks like you have a handle on the emotions and are growing expediently! All the best, buddy!