View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
fantail
now's the time

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
During group, we veered all over the place again, only more so. It seems that people have trouble staying on topic. This is going to be a challenge for me as we go along and the novelty wears off. The best way I can think of to handle it at the moment is as an exercise in not having control. As in, it's not the way I would (or do) run my meetings, but this isn't my workplace and I'm not the boss nor the expert, so maybe I can learn some tolerance and humility. (Maybe "on topic" is not the most important thing for this person today, What can I learn from what IS?)
Obladi, glad you're going strong again. I think you've got it right in this paragraph. Either in treatment or in my various finance-rehabilitating situations over the last few months, I've been annoyed and impatient past what I thought was my breaking point a whole lot of times, but been unable to do anything about it. It's really been good for my sobriety and I'm glad you recognize it'll be good for yours. I went to inpatient rehab which was an excruciating loss of control. And the place was brand new, so it was all kinds of chaotic and disorganized to boot. And I seriously think that that was very, very good for me. That was the serenity prayer put into practice eight thousand times daily. It was incredibly hard but I was a much more patient person when I left that place than when I went in. Hope you get the same effect, keep looking for those silver linings.