View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

It's a work holiday, so I had the freedom to sleep in, but didn't due to (a) waking up at my customary 5:45am time and (b) the dog insisting he needed to go out. I'm a bit relieved at the normal wakeup time because this sleeping until almost 11 was worrying me a bit - how was I ever going to get up for work? Funny how one or two anomalies can make me think there is a new rule. I imagine my body just needed the rest the past couple of days.

So this morning's small victory is that I tidied the kitchen, made coffee, walked the dog, took my meds, and cleaned the cat box all in one continuous activity. Last week, this would have taken the better part of the morning - and the cat box might have needed to wait until evening.

Walking the dog was no small feat, mind you - the wind chill is currently -1 farenheit. Which is alright walking away from the wind, but not so great when you have to turn around and walk back into it. People think since I'm from Wisconsin that I'm "used to it," but that acclimatization got knocked out of me by my second winter in Maryland which was quite some time ago.