View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Juno11

Grizzly, sorry about your cold. I haven't had experience with prescription cough syrup with codeine, but I think it's wise for you to take it exactly as directed and then get rid of it. Several people in my SMART recovery group have addictions to more than one substance, or at least have abused more than one substance in the past. As for me, I've never abused anything other than alcohol (thankfully) - alcohol was just the thing that got me every time. I think growing up with a nurse for a mother I had a huge amount of respect for the medical field in general and never thought to abuse anything prescribed to me. I guess that's a good quality that my Mom instilled in me. And I'm glad the medicine prescribed to me by the psychiatrist has been so successful for me - so I'm lucky there.

I had a pretty good day overall. I spent the morning doing grocery shopping and spent the afternoon at my yoga workshop. Really good thing for me to do today. Gearing up for the new week tomorrow, and hoping that things will be a bit easier this week for me. I'm optimistic.

No wine cravings. I wish the weekdays were as easy as the weekends for me. Maybe I can work toward that.