View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
You doing amazingly well Kiki, and fan for remembering all our individual stories. ... just a thing though. .. I never said we were bad people... I think that we are most definitely not... but the bad things we done can , for some folks including myself, weigh like a heavy cloak around the inner true core. So long was spent struggling under alcohol that the true inner core couldn't always rise out, and the other myriad of feelings drinking precipitated were always at the surface being given dealt with. So if the alcohol is gone, the true core entity and values can start to rise and shine out.... some bob to the surface quickly, like for me the old bounce and silliness. ... some need to fight through the old anxieties and peek out and grow strong over time.... I see it like plate tectonics!!! We are building new mountains after a contintntal Collision (he event which got us here) while the old false drinking self is being subducted into the core.... a reminder of how to never be.... the core is steady and strong. So I never meant we are bad people trying to be good... no way....not sure if my explanation makes sense..... but hope so!!! Have a great weekend, thank you for all you do for us... be strong, sip smoothies in your condo swishing your long hair! !! ; )
Hey Enfin!!! Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't saying that YOU said we were "bad" people etc. I just added it to your post because I've heard it in AA & it seems like something you would say...."that we are NOT bad people...that we are good people!" I knew what I was "trying" to say but communicated it poorly. Sorry about that! :-)

Enfin...your heart is massive! I know that you love everyone in our class unconditionally! I love the support you give to others & you are doing so amazing!

On another note, rough morning for me. I've been working through some severe trauma from my past & it is HARD! Since I am no longer numbing it with alcohol my feelings & emotions are all over the place! I woke up extremely angry this morning after digging into my past yesterday in therapy! Instead of drinking, I went down to the basement & beat the shite out of our punching bag. I pretended the person that victimized me many years ago was the punching bag! I never knew I could handle these emotions without drinking! Praise God!

I hope you are all having a blessed day! I haven't read all of the posts today but am gonna catch up later!

Xoxoxoxo to everyone!