View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 02:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Steely

Smile

Hi Iwish,

Maybe you repressed your anger with alcohol and now it's been set loose with sobriety. I know there are plenty of readings on anger that might help. Maybe some anger in having/needing to stop drinking? Feeling cheated that you can't drink 'normally'? You have not been cheated, you've been freed. Dealing with your anger in an appropriate way will free you even further. The old anger vs assertiveness question. Hard being a Mum and wife and to give up the grog at the same time. I think Mum's and wives have got a fair bit to be legitimately angry about. I guess it's how we learn to deal with our anger and and to remember to take care of ourselves first and foremost. We have a right. Learning to deal with our anger won't happen overnight but it will happen if we realise that we have needs too and we insist within ourselves that they be met. Anger might then begin to dissipate and people realise that we mean business. Good for everyone and good role model for kids, particularly girls who seem to have more trouble putting themselves first and feeling OK about it. This is not selfish. Raving on but as a mother I know how hard it can be and that our anger is often very legitimate. It's how we deal with and express it that makes all the difference. Woman to woman, mother to mother. Thinking of you chucking an egg at the back fence. oops just realised that this is the family and friends forum and it is not you with an alcohol problem. The message is still the same, probably more so. I'm new around here still trying to work all the different forums out.