View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LiveInPeace

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
^ had a conversation with someone at work today-was discussing his former drinking buddies and how his friends have fallen away bc he decided to grow up. He told me he looks at them when they are mean to him and sees the devil, not the person. I too have literally seen the devil in my ex-with my own eyes. And I've seen the devil tempting him. And I know that feeling-I've been there rolling with the devil. Spiritually sick is the best way to look at it, accept it, and find peace.
I can understand this, too, although I personally replace the word "devil" with the word "ego". The part about "spiritually sick" and forgiveness is straight out of the big book of alcoholics anonymous.

I was talking recently to someone about my sister. I was telling her about some of the abusive, toxic things about her, specifically how she's treated me and other people.

But then I had a couple of memories pop up of really loving, genuine moments from her. I then made a joke about not knowing which sister I was going to get when I see her next.

Suddenly it hit me--that those loving, genuine moments--although they don't show often enough-- is her true, authentic, healthy self.!!! The one we all have deep inside but is blocked if we are spiritually sick. And that just brought the subject of "forgiveness" to a whole other level.