View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Juno11

I'm sorry - I guess my post was a little worrisome. Didn't mean to alarm anyone.

I don't know what to say except 2016 hasn't been kind to me. My troubles picked up right where they left off in 2015 and seem to have accelerated. Maybe it's just that there's too much going on all at once, and there will be relief once some things get settled.

My daughter is in crisis, perpetually, and it's really difficult not to get overwhelmed with the whole problem. My son is having to switch schools for next year and it's a lot of work and a big deal to get him placed somewhere new, so I've been working on that. On top of that, we had a leak in one of the bathrooms and I decided to re-model the whole thing instead of doing it piece-meal . Normally that would be a fun thing, but with the timing of everything it's almost putting me over the edge. I've had six dental appointments in the last 2 weeks - 2 for me, 2 for my daughter and one for each of my son's. My daughter has had a UTI and a sinus infection and I've had to spend a good part of a day getting it sorted. I found out both of my sons need braces (one now, one starting in the summer - my daughter already went through that). All 3 kids see therapists either weekly or bi-weekly, and both my son, daughter and I have had psychiatrist's appointments. I have my group therapy and though I like it, am beginning to think I might have to give it up. Something's gotta give.

I haven't been able to exercise during the week and feel like crap. I had my "time of the month" this week and without exercise, I turned to wine (just 1-2 glasses) on Tuesday night. I regret it, but I did stick to the small amount and dumped the rest. The surprising thing to me was that I had a pretty significant hangover, even if on a smaller scale than my normal ones, but it was a hangover. Hot flashes, panic attacks and headache - avoided the throwing up, but still, had all those symptoms. The thing I learned is that even 1-2 glasses of wine causes the bad symptoms, so there is no point in going back to that thought - that only if I stick to one glass I'll be fine. I won't be fine, because my body can no longer tolerate alcohol - even in reasonable amounts. As I said, I learned something that I didn't really know before.

Now my daughter is throwing another negative hissy fit because I can't bring her and her boyfriend away for the weekend. I'm trying to keep my calm but there is no pleasing her, so I'm just going to have to accept that. The one good thing: I just got on the treadmill for the first time in a couple of weeks.

I hope things start to get better and I have to look at ways to simplify my life. I just don't know what else to cut out. I have cut out Facebook, relationships that were not serving me in any way, even most of my socializing. I don't know what else I can get rid of.

I'm sorry to worry you, Dee - I hope that helps. I know drinking doesn't help and makes everything worse. I need to just get on that treadmill more during the week and even get to yoga more...... that is what I need.

Hope everyone is doing better than me