View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
zigzagging

Hi I think you have just spoken my story, I am on day 11 today, and I have told family and a few people at work that I have stopped drinking, they seem to think that I am possibly doing this for January (like a lot of normal drinkers) but hopefully they will realize the longer I can keep this going that I am serious about making this change in my life. The disappointing thing I found was every person that I told not one person said well done you, they all questioned it, like saying "Why? whats wrong with you?", I guess they are used to me always drinking, that is quite sad isn't it if you think about it, these are family and friends, not offering to help me when they knew how much I was drinking but questioning it when I decide to give it up, it's a mad world. My husband seems to think that I am going to start drinking again soon, he actually said to me last night when I announced that I was pleased with making 10 days without a drink and you know what he said, yep you guessed it, shall we have a drink this weekend to celebrate!!! I told him to have a drink if he wants to but I won't be drinking so get used to it, I wish people would take this seriously otherwise I will probably crack soon and start again, gotta be strong for yourself, I too am doing this alone so I know how you feel, good luck to you.