View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lizatola

Redatlanta, I'm right there with you. His girls have asked him when we're getting married. I have spent a lot of time with them over the past month. I mean, why get me around your kids if you don't see a future with us together, right?

Also, when we first started dating he made a lot of references to the fact that his girls' stepmom will have trouble because she will be coming into the girl's lives right when they're going through pre-puberty/puberty.

And, when he took me to check out the model homes where he's building his new home, he made a statement about the real possibility that it will be more than just he and the girls in the new house eventually. Which all gives the impression that he DOES want to marry or be in a live in long term relationship in the future. Then, he goes and says stuff and does stuff like he did this past weekend and I'm like: SAY WHAT?

And, recently he's really stepped up his commitment level to our relationship: calling me everyday, texting me often, involving me in HUGE decisions that he has to make regarding his rental home and new home purchase, etc. I truly feel that we're friends and lovers, you know? He turns to me for advice for everything and I can see that our relationship is truly progressing on the intimacy levels, as well. How can I deny all of that but then get so confused by his words?

and, FWIW: I did call him out on his crap. I didn't let him get away with controlling me with how he 'thought' I should feel and I made it clear that I felt he was quite good at projecting but that I felt he should learn to stay on his side of the street.

Anyway, maybe time will tell more? I do love the man. He treats me quite well and doesn't seem to have a lot of hang ups. He's emotionally stable, doesn't freak out about ANYTHING, has great kids, is reliable, dependable, accountable, and I am totally HOT for him, LOL. God, I wish he was ugly, I'd maybe have a better chance at walking away, haha!