View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
paddyjnr1

[QUOTE=Seep9871;5732675]My problem was drinking all day during the work week. After finishing my first sober week without that behavior, would it really be THAT dangerous to slowly incorporate it back in?

/QUOTE] This in my eyes is not normal drinking, this is exactly the way my alcoholism progressed.
It started with everyday after work whatever shift I was on, it then progressed to early morning drinking when my ex wife went to work, I would be outside the early house at 7.30am, home at 1pm sleep until 3pm then off to work until 12pm and then the late house.
Eventually the withdrawals were so bad i would bring a flask to work with me.
Then there were the days I wouldn't bother going in and drink all day and that's when the progression would go out of control.
Drunk driving, falling asleep in bars, wetting myself , lock ups in police cells for the night until i'd sober up.
Then came treatment 3 months, come out and back at it again, back to treatment , left after 4 weeks and was admitted to psychiatric ward twice until again back to treatment.
My wife left and filed for divorce, lost my house and became homeless.
Lived in a convent with missionaries of charity for 9 months. still drank again. and then addicted to prescription pills from all the detoxs.
they were hell to come off. I could go on and on but do ya know what it's actually text book because when i went through AA big book my life story was there.
Believe me save yourself the pain and get off the elevator while you can because if there is a hell i've been there and I know it's not over yet until I get off my ass and get myself to meetings and back on the 12 step program.
you see pain has no memory and there lies part of the crux of the alcoholic mind.
By going to meetings we are listening and reminding ourselves what it was like when we were drinking, some inexplicably magic a group of alkies get together and share their experience, strength and hope.
Good luck and I really do hope you make the right choice.