View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
amp123

Good going Glee. Continuing to make the right choices, I think, becomes easier with time.

It is interesting to see how what once would have been a knee jerk reaction (bad day at work = get wasted) slowly becomes a rational choice. That's how it's working out for me. It's becoming progressively easier to, when faced with urges, rationalise and discard the option of drinking.

Toots said recently that occasionally she is faced with the "poor you, what a shame you can't drink" attitude. Her response was to say that she can drink any time she wants but chooses not to. It's all about each person making the right decision for themselves. It was when I got past the first months in sobriety that instead of just batting back the urges I got to make a choice. That choice isn't always an easy one to make though these days it normally is. I know what I want which occasionally means not doing something I feel like doing. If you keep winning these little battles, you never know, you may just win the war!!!

Anyway, I'm going to stop blarting on now!!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!