Old 01-08-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

That is sweet, Anna.

I do know you and everyone will be there with me.

I am scared, but I am hopeful.

I am glad you all have been with me through all this.

I guess there are a couple of regrets I have in life at this point, and they are 1) not traveling more, and 2) not writing more, and not seeking publication.

When I wake up, and when I recover, I do think I'll be ready to move on to the next phase of my life. I'm working on switching gears from writing blogs (for realtors) to proofreading (for court reporters). That's my next step -- to say goodbye to my clients, and to seek new ones. Once I've successfully made that transition, I'll have more time to write creatively. My day is packed. I had to free up some time. It's just no good to be working so much that I don't feel like writing.

It will probably take me a year or two to pay off some accumulated debt, and to sell our house, and then at that point, we'll be building our cabin. The goal is to pay for our land in cash (we have equity), and to build our cabin, paying as we go. No mortgage!

The ultimate goal is to travel three or four months out of the year, and to live in the cabin, writing, the rest of the year.

I'm going to make it happen. I know that if I can come this far, there's no reason to stop here. I want to accomplish these other lifelong goals too.

SR has been such a huge part of my recovery. Thank you all for that.

xoxo