View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Grace2

Good afternoon Undies ( 12.30 here in the U.K )

I hope to find you all fit and well. It’s so cold here today and I’ve got that many layers on I look like a roly poly pudding. At least it’s not raining though, always a bonus!

Hi B.F,I was so please to see you here back posting. I hope life is treating you well. Do you still have your gorgeous boxer dog? Well done on getting past the 30 day mark, that’s really good, you’ll be well into your second month now. Have a good weekend.

Aww thanks for those kind words Carlos, I am honoured if you feel that in any way I played a little part in your sobriety, thank you. I couldn’t have done it without the support of the others here, yourself included and the wisdom and advice of people like Dee and the other long standing members of S.R.
Lunch was very pleasant, thank you and we did have a few laughs about some of my dads antics.
I asked on the Over’s how you were enjoying being a grandad and from your comments here I can tell that you’re loving it. It’s magic isn’t it? It doesn’t seem like 2 minutes since your grandaughter was born, it’s hard to believe she’s a year old. It’s wonderful that you will be able to enjoy lots of special moments with her and make lots of happy memories thanks to sobriety. Life can be good.

Hello Dee, have yourself a good week end and don’t work too hard.

Hello BrighterDayz, it’s good to meet you.

Just thought I’d share something I read with you all. I thought it was very apt, I hope you like it.

MAKE PEACE WITH YOUR PAST.

We all have things we’d go back and edit if life came with a rewind button. It’s easy to be wise in hindsight and mentally ‘berate’ the old you’ for not looking after your body and mind or making better choices. While no one can change the past, one thing every single one of us can do is choose a different future. Accepting, forgiving and learning from your mistakes is the most powerful way of ensuring your future is different from your past.

Right I’m off now to check the Over-Undies. Have a safe and sober weekend.

Love to you all

Gxxx