View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AnonWife

I replied to another thread. I think you have the right idea on keeping things simple. And know if the rehab didnt want him to have contact then it wouldnt be allowed. But it is, so its ok for him. The question is if its ok for you.

I wrote on the other topic how you should look at the brain scans of meth users. He wont be stable for a while. I went through recovery process and keeping things simple is about all you can handle at times. Its not completely fair to you, Im sure you would like to discuss important things but Id be cautious. And probably the calls are short?

If you dont want to talk to him, or if its too hard you shouldnt feel guilty taking a break. BUT there is nothing wrong with it. Many rehabs encourage lots of family involvment. My husband was my greatest support and encouragement during the process. There is life after rehab. Its good to think about what ypu want, what you can give, what makes you comfortable. There are no set rules, you alone have to decide what works for you, and helps you reach the overall goals you've set.