View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 03:58 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
gleefan

Amp - I enjoy hearing your perspective on life. In sobriety you are focused and rational, and I am willing to bet that miracle will continue to blossom as your recovery moves forward.

Stargazer - I think it's awesome that you were able to enjoy that event without focusing on booze. It is freeing to do things you enjoy without worrying about what you can't do. A gratitude list goes a long way for me for focusing on the positive.

WWS - Hi! I'm glad things are going smoothly for you, and delighted with your generosity of sharing your experiences with others.

KIR - There is advice about not making any big changes in life in the first year. My perspective on various matters at 22 months sober is different than it was in the first says, weeks, months of sobriety. This has worked for small stuff as well as big stuff too!! During the first year I didn't know whether I would stay living in my current home or sell it, or whether I'd stay married to my husband. When I didn't know what to do, at the encouragement of other sober people, I didn't do anything. I waited for more be revealed.

Drake - Congrats on 1,000 days!

Vona - Welcome!

Paul - I hope you enjoy your new exercise regimen and maintain that positive momentum.

Michael - The most important miracle, indeed, is staying sober! It's the basis of peace, serenity and joy in my life today.

I came here broken. Best thing I ever did was start choosing sobriety one moment at a time.