View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 07:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Soberish

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Soberish I totally agree with you about the fact that it has been a long day full of all kinds of emotions and thoughts and newness. Your body and your mind is tired. I learned early in my sobriety that H.A.L.T (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired) are triggers for me and I need to slow down and address if I've got one or more of those things going on. I think you are Tired. This is an exciting time of your life....I'm jealous in some ways....I'm at a different stage in my life...things aren't as new and exciting and I have a lot of deeply planted roots. You are smart for checking in here....
You're right clover, I'm just tired and burned out. I went for a drive right now and talked this over with my girlfriend and mother and got a different perspective on things. SR can help me to also get some of my emotions out and gain some new perspective as well.

This time in my life is new but it has been really hard to see it as exciting. Sometimes I want to go back to my hometown, my "deeply planted roots", even though I was just there.

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
All any of us can do, is the best we can do. Putting outcomes in the hands of our higher power while living a day at a time
I prayed yesterday and I said I needed help to take this new part of my life day by day. There is nothing else I can do about this situation really, I might be overthinking everything but this conversation I had with the landlord really caught me off guard. A moment away from it all and some conversation about it really helped. I can definitely relate to this post MI.