View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Hi guys, well the storm wasn't much. Hopefully more to come this week.

Lots of organizing today. I've been real weird about the food lately which has resulted in an eerily orderly kitchen. Could have worse problems though, right?

Feeling thoroughly overwhelmed by my kid though. We've been attached to each other constantly (even slept together) for several days now, and I'm ready for a little space. I feel like a horrible parent for admitting that, and for hiding out in the kitchen today in part to avoid her. She's in a real whiny, sulky, demanding phase right now too, which is extra irritating. I love being with her, but work will actually give me a little break.

Parenting is one of my biggest insecurities. It's freakin hard!

Anyway, have a good night, and I will talk to you guys tomorrow.
I am so very glad my kids went back to school today! Parenting is fraught with self doubt. And, kids are just small people, with personalities all their own. We don't have to delight in their antics every single moment. That is why it is called unconditional love, right? We love them, even if they are annoying little trolls!

All that said, I do have great kids, but they bicker and vacations end up being too much constant togetherness for all of us. I am so happy to be sitting here alone, oops, with Huxley, today! We just had a walk, and now time for coffee, then I will crate him and do some vacuuming and purging. My bedroom is getting cleaned after being Christmas central before the holidays.