View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ALinNS

Having been through this so many times since 1998, I almost had it three years ago and stayed sober, I realized where I went wrong in Nov of last year and this time I am seeing it through and will never drink again as I am not safe.

Seeing a doctor to me is very important, getting through Detox so I can achieve a clear head critical, in my case I need a safe environment and Detox centers to me is where I found it. This last bout I did detox at home, in and out of emerg five times but finally a med to help me detox at home as all the centers had a long waiting list and I was determined to not wait, I made it through it but in my case I would not have done it without professional help and the help from every resource I can get my hands on including these forums.

I am glad you are safe, let the fog lift and focus on a recovery plan to keep it that way, to me is the second step, the first being putting a cork in the bottle and never taking it off no matter what, I know where it leads and I will not go there, I love myself and life too much as well as others that I have hurt.

All the best
Andrew