View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
blindsblinds57

I work in addictions. I have been in the profession for the past four years, I know there is complications of Anonymity and Confidentiality at times in terms of disclosing ones own program membership to seeing clients or former clients in program functions. The latter makes it impossible to share ones own deepest secrets or troubling affects in a meeting thus life's simpler for me to have a network of trusted friends, advisors, a sponsor and a Counsellor. Even trusting a Counsellor/Psychologist has been extremely difficult at times when having sensed the inability to trust these particular individuals, due to the fact I have experienced and have been guilty of that old term which is " Ruinous slander and character assassination."

So many professionals are not at liberty to discuss glaring details in detail due to the fact others have legal rights regarding there personal information to whatever extent the laws of the land permit, this does complicate matters for some it has for me. It is horribly tempting at times to gossip or vent to whatever available ears are near about perhaps situations in which laws and professional standards would be violated. It is a fine a line at times hence why A.A's traditions are of the utmost importance.